Here is today’s 20 Minute Trivia:
Q… Just over 10% of the people in this survey say they started doing this at work after working late… what is it?
A… Started dating a co-worker.
A new survey by Career Builder found 41% of us have dated a co-worker. So if you're alone for Valentine's Day, maybe just send out a mass email to everyone. It's a numbers game, people.
12% of people who've dated a coworker say it started because of a late night at work. Having drinks after work, and running into each other outside of work tied for second with 10% . . . lunch was third with 9% . . . and another 9% said it was love at first sight.
Here are five more stats from the survey . . .
1. 29% of people who've dated a co-worker said it was someone in a higher position at the company. 15% dated their boss, meaning their immediate supervisor.
2. 19% of office romances involved at least one person who was married at the time.
3. 38% of people who've dated a co-worker said they had to keep it a secret.
4. An impressive 30% of office romances led to marriage. And only 5% of people who've dated someone at work ended up leaving their job because of it.
5. 7% of people in the survey said there's CURRENTLY someone in their office they'd like to date.
Return to: Craig Chambers Blog